The following advice from the Ministry of Health was published on Friday 18 October 2019. We are actively recalling babies 6-11 months old for their first MMR vaccine.
UPDATED priorities for use of MMR vaccine stock are now:
- Continue: scheduled immunisations at 12 months and 4 years.
- Active recall: immunise 6-11 month year olds with MMR0, prioritising Pacific then Māori.
- Offer more: please give one dose of MMR to people aged under 30 years with no recorded MMR1, with particular focus on:
- Pacific and Māori people
- Students including both school and tertiary students
- Postpartum women and family members of newborn babies (0-6 months).
- Teachers and early childhood educators.
- Based on clinical judgement: you may give one dose of MMR to people aged 30-49 years:
- Who work in higher risk environments such as institutions (e.g. prisons)
- Who are in one of priority groups in point 3 (e.g. teachers or new mothers aged 30-49 years)