The majority of the 53 confirmed cases of measles reside in West Auckland with some in Central and South Auckland. Auckland Regional Public Health Services (ARPHS) will be following up house hold contacts and contact at high risk of complications.
You may have measles if you have
- One or more of the following: cough, coryza, conjunctivitis or white spots in the mouth(Koplik’s spots)
If you or your family think you have measles,
- stay at home, and away from non immune people
- Isolation if required until the end of day 4 (day 0 is when the rash appears)
- Inform your household contacts that they may have measles so they can watch for symptoms.
- If you arrive at Eastmed Doctors stay in your car and call our reception on 09 585 0188.