Online Video Appointments
We are excited to offer online video appointments if you are a registered patient with Eastmed Doctors. Register for MyIndici Patient Portal or Login if you have already registered to book yourself a video consultation.
Already have an account?
What are the benefits of a video consultation?
- Increased convenience
- Live video appointments. Talk face-to-face to your doctor via camera
- Avoiding your need to travel to the doctor’s clinic
- Reduced absence from work
- Get prescriptions sent electronically to your pharmacy for pick-up.
- Security. We use systems that meet recommended standards to protect the privacy and security of the video visits.
- Continuity of care. Available to our enrolled patients only. We have all your health records available.
- Viral illness Doing a video consultation is better than a face to face consultation as it prevents community spread of the disease.
What could be appropriate to do as an online video appointment?
- When you don’t require a physical examination
- Long term mental health reviews
- Palliative care reviews
- Work and Income benefit reviews
- Travel medicine conversations or advice when traveling
- Patients with physical access & mobility issues
What is not appropriate to do as an online video appointment?
- If you are experiencing chest pain, difficulty breathing, severe pain, allergic reaction, or bleeding, do not book online –dial 111 for an ambulance.
- Physical examination is limited online, please book a face-to-face appointment at the clinic if you need any kind of physical examination (e.g. throat swab, blood pressure, heart and lung check).
- Babies and young children who are sick, as they need to be examined by the doctor.
- We are unable to do ACC claims or renewals by online video appointments at this time.
- At present the video consultation are offered for adults over 18 years of age. This is under review and consultation and if this changes we will inform you.
Where are the online video appointments provided?
You can join the online video appointment from anywhere. Choose somewhere private so your consultation will not be overheard.
What is the cost of my online video appointment?
Standard face to face consultation charges apply.
How do I pay for the appointment?
You will be invoiced after you consultation has completed. You will be notified of the charged either via email or text.
What if I need to cancel my appointment?
Simply click on the cancel your appointment link in your confirmation email to cancel any time before your appointment.
How to get the most out of your Doctors appointment?
The standard appointment time with a doctor is 15 minutes. This is a short time for you to explain your problems and for the doctor to examine you and decide on a treatment plan. If you feel 15 minutes is not enough time to discuss all your concerns you may be best to book a double appointment with your doctor. (appointments for 30 minutes will incur double the fee above)
How should I prepare for an online video appointment?
You can help get the best from an online video appointment by following these simple steps:
- arrive at least 15 minutes early to allow for preparation time
- avoid wearing brightly patterned or reflective clothing as this may interfere with the quality of the camera image
- switch your mobile off or to silent mode
- speak clearly so your voice can be picked up by the microphone
- if you have a question or need help during the online video consultation, just ask.
What happens at the online video appointment?
You and your doctor will be on a computer screen at each end of the online video consultation.
You will be asked some identifying questions such as your name, address, and date of birth to make sure the right patient and right health records are present. The doctor will speak with you and ask you questions in the same way as they would at a face-to-face consultation.
Who will be present?
You, your GP.
As with a face-to-face appointment, a support person/whanau may accompany you if you wish.
How private is the online video appointment?
The same privacy and confidentiality requirements that apply to face-to-face consultations apply to online video consultations. It can only be seen and heard by the health care professionals involved.
What if I need to be examined?
Physical examination is very limited over video, therefore if you require a physical examination, we suggest you book a face-to-face appointment at the clinic.
If the video visit does not achieve everything that is needed, you will be given a choice about what to do next. This could include a follow up face-to-face visit, or a second video visit. Normal consultation fees will apply.
Will the online video consultation be recorded?
No. Our practice does not record online video consultations and we do not give patients permission to make their own recordings of an online video consultation. If your GP thinks it would be helpful for your treatment to record particular images during your online video consultation, they would first seek your permission to do so.
Resources that are shared during the online video consultation, such as information leaflets, whiteboard, chats and links may be downloaded for future reference.
What if I feel I can’t continue?
Most patients feel a little nervous at the beginning of their first online video consultation because it’s a new way of seeing their doctor. However, most patients soon feel very comfortable with this kind of consultation. It’s very unlikely you’ll feel unable to continue with an online video consultation. If this does happen, you can leave although consultation fees may still apply.
How can I provide feedback on my online video appointment?
We value your feedback so we can continue to improve our online video appointment service. Please feel free to contact us through our webpage https://eastmed.co.nz/contact/
What equipment do I need?
A computer or device with a camera & microphone is required.
URL Link to connect with your doctor at the time of your video appointment:
https://eastmed.coviu.com/room/@ck748czc5egh576qotlvwawzz (dr link)